Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In the Mailbox Today


And it seems some of us never learn to read the fine print...

I saw this compelling dragon print on the website of one my favourite online quilt-stores, and I couldn't talk myself out of it. I had visions of colourful little four-inch dragons in the centres of quilt blocks, maybe a bright log cabin? I wasn't sure how it would go, but I had a lovely three weeks waiting for it and fantasizing.

This morning the package came in the mail. I bundled out to the van and ripped the envelope open - - - and my hair exploded! (See picture above.)

Holy Roly Guacamole! I never dreamed they'd be LIFE SIZE!!! What on earth am I going to do with this? Talk about a challenge!

Now that I'm over the shock, I think there's a plan bubbling deep in the cranialities. But if you're struck with an inspiration on my behalf, please feel free to share.




2 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous dragon! Perhaps that fabric shouldn't be cut at all. Perhaps it'd look good just in one piece?

Madcap said...

Well, it's several metres long... But I'm thinking about using a single dragon on the front of a tote. We'll see how that goes.