Saturday, June 12, 2010

Unfinished Business

I'm off to visit a friend today, with an unfinished quilt in tow. Hers. Her birthday/law-school-graduation quilt that I've been chipping away at for the last couple years. How embarrassing! And it's her birthday (again) next week. So today the quilt comes along, as proof that I haven't just forgotten, and that I will eventually get that binding tacked on!

It's a nine-patch with alternate half-square triangles that form a diamond pattern in the background. Unfortunately I'm not the fussiest piecer, so a lot of those triangles have very blunt points. Oh well. Overall it still looks alright.

Exams next weekend, and then my time is mine to fill as I please!

3 comments:

Jim said...

Another gorgeous masterpiece in the making...

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I wish I could quilt ... someday :). Such gifts are the best.

Madcap said...

Definitely "in the making"! Seems like I never get this one done!

Juliana, certainly you CAN quilt. It's all straight seams and only 2 dimensions! You should have a go at it someday.