Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Every Sperm is Sacred {Monty Python's Meaning of Life}



I have this vice, which I believe I've confessed to before, but it's this: I stalk Quiverfull Websites. I reckon it's akin to chasing ambulances for the thrill of seeing a car-wreck (though that's not my particular thrill, I'm just guessing that it's a similar thing).

So these Quiverfull Families say they leave their fertility in God's hands - in other words, no birth regulation of any kind. If you're really hard-core, it's no regulation of any kind, even if Mama's life is endangered. Because God won't give you more than you can handle, eh?

This morning I was reading through the comments on a post, and came across this theological humdinger:

"The way I see it, how can we push aside the blessings of God, which is what children are, and yet still expect God to bless us in other areas, such as a nice big house or a new car?"

A heckuva benefits package, don't you think? Nice to see God's Mysterious Ways explained so succinctly for the denser among us.


3 comments:

CG said...

So much like my "bad examples" blogs! LOL!

Madcap said...

Hey, you're right! I can never think of these things when I'm on the spot.

clairesgarden said...

children are to be loved and cherished. I hate it when I see they are not.

so now can I have a bigger car and nicer house please??